SAVE or SPLURGE
SAVE VS SPLURGE
As a stylist I’ve seen the donation piles of many women. So here is my breakdown on what merits your investment.
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON’T SPEND MEGA BUCKS ON:
• Full-length gowns – unless you are a celebrity, the chance of getting multiple wears is slim. You’re better off renting from RENT THE RUNWAY.com
• Something you will wear ONCE
• Tops – hello, we sweat in them!
• A fur coat if you live in a warm place
• Shoes that match only ONE outfit
• Purses that only go with ONE outfit
ITEMS THAT ARE WORTH THE INVESTMENT:
• WORKHORSE ITEMS – your life revolves around these
• DRESS PANTS (within reason). They’re the first garments to stop fitting you when your weight fluctuates, but you can’t live without them.
• COAT if you live in a cold place. It’s your calling card in NYC because it’s what you enter every building. It’s your first impression card so better make it right.
• JEANS that fit you perfectly if you wear jeans a lot
• DRESS, which can go from day to night and work for multiple occasions
• NEUTRAL or METALLIC SHOE because they go with many items
• PURSE/BAG that goes with multiple outfits and fits into your daily lifestyle
• BASIC EARRINGS that look amazing on you and go with many outfits